Mon, Sep 20|
The 3rd INTERNATIONAL FORUM ON SPICE ROUTE (IFSR) 20-23 September 2021
"Revisiting the Spice Route from a Phytogeographic and Ethnobotanical Perspective"
Time & Location
Sep 20, 2021, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
About the Event
This discussion explores the spice route through the study of the distribution of plants or taxonomic groups of plants which explains the ranges of plants in terms of their origin, dispersal, and evolution. The interrelations between humans and plants would also explains indigenous or traditional knowledge of plants including its classification, cultivation, use as food, medicine and shelter.
• Prof. Zaal Kikvidze, Ph.D. (Georgia) Illia State University.
• Prof. Patrick Van Damme, Ph.D. (Belgium) Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague.
• Wawan Sujarwo, Ph.D. (Indonesia) Ethnobiological Society of Indonesia.
• Lixin Yang, Ph.D. (China) Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
• Liu Yujing, Ph.D. (China) Nanjing Agricultural University.
Moderator: Rina Rachmawati, SP., MP., M.Eng (Indonesia) Fact Indonesia / Brawijaya University.
Thank you to all contributing speakers, communities and organizations for the enthusiasm in supporting this program. IFSR is a contribution from the people to support Indonesia's endeavor to nominate the Spice Route as world heritage.
Follow us at IG @negerirempah to get updated information on schedules, speakers, and more!